Doing your hair every morning can seem like a tedious task and one that is not fun to do when you are still waking up from a good night of sleep. Regardless of your motivation for getting up in the morning, you will likely want to style your hair in a way that makes you feel confident about yourself before you step foot out of your house. If you are new to styling your hair in trendy ways, this article will get you all set up to being a trendsetter in no time. Curling wands have been used for years to curl hair and make tresses look smooth and unique. If you are in the market for a new curling wand, be sure to check out some of our tips before you make a commitment and purchase.
- Read reviews. Magazines such as Allure and Harper’s Bazaar often provide tips and tricks on how to apply make up a certain way or style your hair the way the celebrities are doing so when they walk the runway. While magazines are great for inspiration and generating ideas, it is hard to tell if the products featured are actually as good as the magazine is claiming them to be as the products are usually highlighted because of a marketing plan. To get a true understanding of how a product such as the best curling wand works, be sure to read reviews from bloggers or others you trust to give a true, detailed, rundown of a product.
- Check the barrel size. The barrel size of the curling wand should coordinate with how big you want your curls to be. If you want small, ringlet curls, you will want to invest in a skinnier wand. The wand should be no larger than .75 inches if you want tightly bound curls. However, if you want larger curls that will create volume and a casual look, you will want a larger barrel curling wand. A wand that is 1-2 inches thick will do the trick.
- Features. Decide on the type of features you want your wand to have. Do you want your hand to have a temperature gauge so you can keep track of the heat? Perhaps you want an iron that offers automatic shut off if it is has been on for too long. There are many great features that may cost you an additional sum of money but in the end will be worth every penny.
- Budget. Curling wands can cost over $100 and can drain your budget very quick. Keep in mind that there are other products you will likely want to buy in addition to the curling wand. Some things you may want to purchase but you have not considered yet include but are not limited a bamboo brush, hair accessories, shampoo or sculpting gel. There are many hair care products to choose from so be sure to save some money in your budget for those items as well.
- Warranty. Depending on the wand you purchase, some can cost over $100. If you are investing in an item and expect to have it for a long period of time, you will want to look in to the product warranty. Be sure to review the warranty and if it is satisfactory, move forward. However, if the warranty is severely limited or lackluster in their offerings for coverage, you may want to choose a different model.