One of the many sponsors of Blogapalooza held at Fully Booked last September 17 was Lay Bare. Lay Bare will always be dear to me, as it is the one salon that introduced me to waxing more than two years ago.
As opposed to shaving, waxing encourages regrowth of finer hair. Not to mention having to do away with the unwanted hair for an extended period of time. Lay Bare combines the use of cold wax jelly with a patch-waxing technique. Cold wax jelly is said to eliminate the incidents of knicks, cuts or burns and relatively painless as compared to hot wax.
Here’s a few post-waxing reminders:
1. Refrain from washing the waxed part for 4 hours.
2. If you get waxed during the early evening, wait until the next day to wash the waxed area.
3. Don’t scratch or rub.
4. Avoid putting on makeup, lotion, powder, cologne, et. al, after getting waxed.
5. Apply antibacterial cream twice a day.
6. For redness or minor swelling, apply cold compress by wrapping an ice cube around a washcloth and press it gently on the waxed area.
7. Refrain from strenuous activities that will make you sweat to prevent bacterial infection.
As promised, here is another giveaway. But this time, two (2) Kikay Corner Facebook “likers” will be drawn to each receive these Lay Bare items: 1 Bikini Wax coupon, 1 cosmetic pouch with Lay Bare keychain, 1 Lay Bare Soothing Cream (helps reduce irritation and redness that may occur after waxing. A combination of Tea Tree oil, Alapha Bisabolol, Aloe Vera and Chamomile extracts helps soothe the skin keeping it smooth and moisturized) and 1 Lay Bare hand sanitizer.
1. You have to be a “liker” of Kikay Corner on Facebook.
2. Share this contest on your Facebook wall. To share, click on the Share button located at the bottom of this post. On Facebook’s “What’s on your mind” status update box, tag Kikay Corner. Then post: “Kikay Corner is giving away Lay Bare goodies to 2 lucky likers. Join now!” (To tag, type the “@” symbol then follow it with “Kikay Corner”, wait for the menu box to appear and select “Kikay Corner”. Then type in the rest of the required phrase )
3. When you’re done with the Facebook status wall update, go to the comments section of this post and enter the link of your Facebook entry with your name and email address.
4. Contest is open to everyone who has a local address. Free Shipping.
5. One entry per person.
6. Deadline for entries is one week from now, October 8, 2011 at 11:59PM. Winners will be raffled via random.org.
Please note that I will be requiring the drawn winners to send me a scanned ID for verification. There were at least a couple of entries in Kikay Corner’s previous giveaway that might have suggested one person using two different names and two different Facebook accounts. Let us do this to be fair with the rest of the contest joiners, shall we?
Thanks to Lay Bare and Blogapalooza for the Lay Bare goodies! 🙂