After receiving quite a number of inquiries on how my underarm laser hair removal I had in 2014 progressed, I finally gave laser removal a go again after a couple of years. As I mentioned in an article published a few months after I stopped midway through the treatment, my pits started to darken. If there’s anything about my underarms, they are chubby but not dark. The darkening phase kinda shocked me and I decided to quit the laser hair removal procedure altogether.
Two years down the road, I’m taking this laser hair removal road once again and it’s the Diode Laser Treatment this time via Allura Body Contour and Slimming Center.
I know better than to preempt any conclusion. But it’s a couple of days since my second treatment and no darkening! The procedure I went through in 2014, darkening happened on my second visit. I’m going to make sure to share my progress as I go along and am plenty hopeful this time that I will be able to graduate through the suggested 10 session treatment course.
First off, what is Diode Laser Hair Removal? Here’s what I’ve learned about this laser removal treatment, so far.
Diode Laser Hair Removal
- Diode Laser Hair Removal is the GOLD STANDARD for light brown (type III) to fair (type II) skin tone.
- Laser hair removal is the process of removing unwanted hair by means of exposure to pulses of laser light that destroy the hair follicle.
- To achieve permanent hair reduction, several sessions are needed. The number of sessions depends on the area of the body being treated.
- The diode laser produces a light in the 800 nanometer range which specifically seeks the pigment in dark hair and does not affect surrounding tissues.
Diode Laser Hair Removal Machine
During a laser hair treatment, light passes through the skin and is absorbed by the melanin in the hair shaft. This absorption raises the temperature of the hair follicle and thermally destroys the cells responsible for regrowth. The attributes of the light (wavelength, pulse duration and power) are chosen to ensure damage to these cells and not to the rest of the skin.
What areas can be treated with Diode Laser Hair Removal?
- Almost any area can be treated
- Upper Lip
- Genital areas
Considerations when undergoing laser hair removal treatment:
- It is wise to note that any color of skin can be treated, but the laser treatment works best for dark hair on light colored skin.
- Laser hair removal does not work on blonde or white hair. To date, there is no laser or IPL machine that effectively removes blonde or white hair permanently.
During the Diode Laser Treatment
- A cold, clear, water-soluble ultrasonic gel is applied. The gel cools the skin, reduces discomfort and helps the laser to be more effective.
- The tip of the laser, which is about the size of a dime, is held against the skin, chilled for further comfort and to protect the skin.
- Wear goggles to protect your eyes from the light beams emitted from the laser.
- Laser pulses are delivered every 0.5 to 2 second.
- A soothing cream is applied to the skin after the treatment.
Diode Laser ready!
Right before the laser treatment, I had to wear a pair of goggles to protect my eyes from the laser light beams.
After First Session of Diode Laser Hair Removal by Allura
While I’m plenty shy to upload pictures of my pits, especially since there were still traces of darkening from the procedure I had two years back, I’m choosing to get these documented through these photos to let you in on this Diode Laser Hair Removal progress.
After Second Session of Diode Laser Hair Removal
I’ve only had two sessions so far and I’m loving how the darkening has significantly vanished. I’m thrilled to see how it’s going to be like after my next sessions! Yes, the chicken skin hopefully will be addressed and resolved through the succeeding treatments. 🙂
During my first treatment, they had a bowl of ice on stand by just in case I’ll need to get my skin numbed.
If there was anything, I was giggling half the time my pits were getting lasered, to my therapist’s delight. She said it was her first time for a client to get tickled by Diode Laser Hair Removal treatment. I’m not surprised, I’ve always known that my threshold of pain was up there. I did notice a bit of sting but the ticklish feel overpowered any hint of sting. And it was done in 10 minutes tops! And that includes the gel application.
If you so happen to not have such high tolerance for pain, there’s an option for topical anesthesia. It’s going to set you back 30 to 45 minutes for the anesthesia to kick in but the perk is you will hardly feel a sting.
After the treatment, soothing cream was applied to both underarms.
Things to Remember Prior to First Treatment and Consultation
- The area to be treated should be shaved one to two days before the procedure, because the therapist needs to see some of the hair in the treatment area to assess its color and thickness.
- It is important not to wax, pluck, ‘sugar’, thread or have electrolysis within 3-4 weeks of the treatment. The root of the hair must be left in the follicle for the laser to work properly.
Different areas of the body have different hair growth cycles. In order to catch the most hair in the active cycle, treatments should be scheduled according to the hair growth cycles. Typically 6 to 8 sessions are required to catch each cycle of hair growth, although some people may be satisfied with their results sooner. Following these guidelines should result in the greatest reduction of hair.
Allura Body Contour & Slimming Center has an ongoing summer promo for underarm Diode Laser hair removal treatment until the end of April. From P1,500/treatment, you only need to pay P800/treatment. Now that’s bang for your buck to get you all set for summer. 🙂
Allura Body Contour & Slimming Center
Address: Mezzanine Floor, 102 Richwell Center, Timog Avenue, Quezon City
Contact Nos. 352.7679 | 352.7876 | 0917.8255872
Facebook and Instagram: @AlluraBody