Wedding preparations can be fun but they can also be pretty stressful, especially when you want to look your best. As a bride, you will find yourself prepping your skin and hair so you will look confidently beautiful on your special day. So how do you plan on doing all these things? While it may sound like an easy task to just go to a salon and have your hair styled, but it can actually do more damage to it. You have to understand that you don’t heat damage your hair in these important times. You also definitely don’t want to have so many chemicals in your hair when your wedding day is nearing. You’ll want something simple and effective to fix your hair. (more…)
So you’ve got your festive outfit set and the fancy gift wrapped for your “monito” or “monita”. All that’s left undone is a party season-perfect hairstyle.
The fresh out of the shower look can be seductive yet temporary. Blame it to tropical climate, it can spoil your appearance, besides making you feel sweaty and stale. The heat and humidity brought about by extreme weather condition, likewise, dries out the locks easily and make it more fragile.
Adding damage to your delicate strands are the chemical contents of various products on hand. From shampoo to conditioner and hair treatment, down to styling goods to groom it to your liking, their harsh synthetic materials jeopardize the natural oil and luster of your mane. (more…)
I super love it that these days I can actually find organic and gorgeous in one gem of a hair color product – Herbatint.
My being in semi-hibernation doesn't follow that I'd keep my locks in its unruly state. I'm due to have at least a #hair cut, an organic #HairRebond, and #HairColor. And yes my tresses are crying out loud (check last pic). Roots and gray (not as conspicuous) hair are showing. 😂 I've recently had the hair color ticked off my list. Yay! I've always wanted to try @herbatintphilippines but I never had the chance to color my own hair because of the pampering I get showered with. Oh the perks of being in hiatus! I'm loving Herbatint's unique formula enriched with 8 highly pure #organic extracts. Don't you just love that we have this healthier option? I super do! More #ontheblog soon – KikayCorner.net. ❤ 🍃#HerbaTint is inspired by #nature, created to enhance #naturalbeauty. The first hair coloring brand that joined the global movement of people using business as a force of good.
As I mentioned in my social media posts recently, I’ve been pretty much in hibernation mode these past months, nearly half a year, really. Unlike my VA jobs since 2009 that were flexible, I actually took an a non-flexi one, which has challenged me to step out of my comfort zone. It’s a sweet place of rest in a sense that I’ve taken a considerable step back from the otherwise chaotic blogging event scene. I still get to attend once in a while, but only when my schedule permits.
I love that even if I’ve been mostly MIA, I still get have dibs on brands. But brands I’m passionate over like organic brands such as Herbatint, I cannot emphasize enough how extra thrilled I am to finally get to try. (more…)
Doing your hair every morning can seem like a tedious task and one that is not fun to do when you are still waking up from a good night of sleep. Regardless of your motivation for getting up in the morning, you will likely want to style your hair in a way that makes you feel confident about yourself before you step foot out of your house. If you are new to styling your hair in trendy ways, this article will get you all set up to being a trendsetter in no time. Curling wands have been used for years to curl hair and make tresses look smooth and unique. If you are in the market for a new curling wand, be sure to check out some of our tips before you make a commitment and purchase.
- Read reviews. Magazines such as Allure and Harper’s Bazaar often provide tips and tricks on how to apply make up a certain way or style your hair the way the celebrities are doing so when they walk the runway. While magazines are great for inspiration and generating ideas, it is hard to tell if the products featured are actually as good as the magazine is claiming them to be as the products are usually highlighted because of a marketing plan. To get a true understanding of how a product such as the best curling wand works, be sure to read reviews from bloggers or others you trust to give a true, detailed, rundown of a product.
- Check the barrel size. The barrel size of the curling wand should coordinate with how big you want your curls to be. If you want small, ringlet curls, you will want to invest in a skinnier wand. The wand should be no larger than .75 inches if you want tightly bound curls. However, if you want larger curls that will create volume and a casual look, you will want a larger barrel curling wand. A wand that is 1-2 inches thick will do the trick.
- Features. Decide on the type of features you want your wand to have. Do you want your hand to have a temperature gauge so you can keep track of the heat? Perhaps you want an iron that offers automatic shut off if it is has been on for too long. There are many great features that may cost you an additional sum of money but in the end will be worth every penny.
- Budget. Curling wands can cost over $100 and can drain your budget very quick. Keep in mind that there are other products you will likely want to buy in addition to the curling wand. Some things you may want to purchase but you have not considered yet include but are not limited a bamboo brush, hair accessories, shampoo or sculpting gel. There are many hair care products to choose from so be sure to save some money in your budget for those items as well.
- Warranty. Depending on the wand you purchase, some can cost over $100. If you are investing in an item and expect to have it for a long period of time, you will want to look in to the product warranty. Be sure to review the warranty and if it is satisfactory, move forward. However, if the warranty is severely limited or lackluster in their offerings for coverage, you may want to choose a different model.
Blonde. Rose Gold. Ultra Dark Brown. Ash Brown. Imagine yourself in those hair colors. Or maybe you want to go for those bold and bright colors that display your own brand of individuality. Excited yet? Then perhaps it’s time to take those locks on a hair coloring adventure!
News flash. Did you know that hair coloring is actually easy to do? Like DIY-easy. Just get yourself the right products and you’re all set.
Hair color though is not the only way to achieve your Hairgoals. Why not go for any of the of-the-moment hair fixing styles as well? Get it on a high pony? How about that deep side part or that slick story look? Maybe shake it up a bit with a short messy shag, undone waves, or messy braids? Stress not, girl. We got you.
Cliché it may be, but there’s indeed a woman behind the person we are today. And that’s no less than her—our mother. We used to call her Nanay, Inay, ‘Nay, Mama, Mommy or simply Mom. She deserves more than that given the pivotal role she fulfills in rearing us from childhood to adulthood, and possibly for the rest of our lives.
There may be opposing beliefs whether that greater maternal instinct is biologically predetermined or socially imposed, but everyone would agree that a mother is hardwired to love and care about the whole family, especially the children, all the time. For better or worse, it’s always the welfare of everyone at home on top of her priority.
No wonder she’s an epitome of a doting human being that touches everybody’s life. So, it’s but right to honor and return all the favors she has done for us. And what a better way to do this than this Mother’s Day.
Still drooling over the ways on how to spend this time of the year again with her? Well, you may opt for the basics of gift-giving from simple trinkets to expensive items. But take note, your appreciation of her is not equated by the tag price of your present. It’s the thought that counts, as an adage says. (more…)
Kim Jones shares how to be a #SummerHairExpert, and how vital Cream Silk Triple Expert Rescue is in her Summer Essentials.
Summer, being an unavoidable season in our tropical country, we are left but to love (for the most of us, at least) the best of what it has to offer. This includes adventures at the beach, and countless explorations that the beautiful islands across each corner of the Philippines have to offer. Our beaches are so well-loved the world over, and it will be a waste for us not to love our own.
Cream Silk Triple Expert Rescue – Kim Jones Approved!
Holidays are usually the time of the year when we hustle and bustle the most. I recently snuck out of my grind for a bit, right in time for our renewal of vows wedding, to get some hair treatment done at Salon Privat by Jing Monis as the celebrated hair artist extraordinaire concludes #HolidaysWithThePress2016.
A “before shot” was in order – easy to see that my locks have gone lifeless. (more…)
When it comes to hair, I’ve always been the adventurous type – only because I know that whether I chop it all off, or go crazy, maybe get some kinky curls or have a boy cut, it’s just hair and will grow back anyway. That used to be my “true story” since I learned to style, layer my own hair (when I was in high school). “Used to be,” because it’s been more than 2 years (I believe) since I last colored or subjected my main to some crazy hair treatment (blowout, rebond and whathaveyous). I’m still currently in this, what I feel like calling “hair-hibernation phase.”
I’ve seen for myself how all the years and years of hair treatment/color took their toll on my poor locks. I’ve kind of gone rebellious and jettison everything I’ve ever gotten used to when it comes to hair. And I actually kind of feel like patting myself on the back, for making it this far. You see, I’ve tried in the past but failed.
Now that I think about it, I only felt the urgency to totally turn away from what my hair got used to is because of the ugly after effects of hair coloring and whathaveyou treatments. This was further reinforced in me when Beauty Experts Agoo Bengzon, Peewee Reyes-Isidro, RissaMananquil-Trillo, Cara Favila and Raymond Santiago each discussed the relevance of Cream Silk Daily Treatment Conditioner and how it is superior to other brands. (more…)
After almost a year since I first tried Wen Cleansing Conditioner and I’m still so into it. Allow me to again enumerate why I love Wen. The 5-in-1 formula includes:
- Deep Conditioner
- Leave-in Conditioner
When we rid our hair off the residue of the commercial shampoo, and pamper it with these awesome and natural ingredients, that is, WEN® Cleansing Conditioner, our hair will get more beautifully awesome. 🙂