Wedding preparations can be fun but they can also be pretty stressful, especially when you want to look your best. As a bride, you will find yourself prepping your skin and hair so you will look confidently beautiful on your special day. So how do you plan on doing all these things? While it may sound like an easy task to just go to a salon and have your hair styled, but it can actually do more damage to it. You have to understand that you don’t heat damage your hair in these important times. You also definitely don’t want to have so many chemicals in your hair when your wedding day is nearing. You’ll want something simple and effective to fix your hair. (more…)
Wigs require little maintenance and care and that’s exactly what makes them great. They allow you to have perfect hair each day, with almost no effort. This means that caring for your wig can be easier than you imagined. Moreover, properly caring for your wig increases its lifespan, meaning you get to use it for longer.
Unlike caring for your natural hair, wigs are easier and more cost-effective to maintain long-term. You wear it over and over until it gets old. Whether you love your wigs straight or with curls, it’s important to know how to care for them. The following are 4 tips to help you care for your wig:
Top 4 Ways to Caring for Wigs
- Frequency of Washing
It is recommended that you wash and shampoo your wigs regularly, about every one to two months of wearing it. This routine helps in maximizing wig life. Fill a basin with cold water and add one tablespoon of shampoo. Immerse your wig in the water and leave it for at least one minute and then gently agitate it.
Doing your hair every morning can seem like a tedious task and one that is not fun to do when you are still waking up from a good night of sleep. Regardless of your motivation for getting up in the morning, you will likely want to style your hair in a way that makes you feel confident about yourself before you step foot out of your house. If you are new to styling your hair in trendy ways, this article will get you all set up to being a trendsetter in no time. Curling wands have been used for years to curl hair and make tresses look smooth and unique. If you are in the market for a new curling wand, be sure to check out some of our tips before you make a commitment and purchase.
- Read reviews. Magazines such as Allure and Harper’s Bazaar often provide tips and tricks on how to apply make up a certain way or style your hair the way the celebrities are doing so when they walk the runway. While magazines are great for inspiration and generating ideas, it is hard to tell if the products featured are actually as good as the magazine is claiming them to be as the products are usually highlighted because of a marketing plan. To get a true understanding of how a product such as the best curling wand works, be sure to read reviews from bloggers or others you trust to give a true, detailed, rundown of a product.
- Check the barrel size. The barrel size of the curling wand should coordinate with how big you want your curls to be. If you want small, ringlet curls, you will want to invest in a skinnier wand. The wand should be no larger than .75 inches if you want tightly bound curls. However, if you want larger curls that will create volume and a casual look, you will want a larger barrel curling wand. A wand that is 1-2 inches thick will do the trick.
- Features. Decide on the type of features you want your wand to have. Do you want your hand to have a temperature gauge so you can keep track of the heat? Perhaps you want an iron that offers automatic shut off if it is has been on for too long. There are many great features that may cost you an additional sum of money but in the end will be worth every penny.
- Budget. Curling wands can cost over $100 and can drain your budget very quick. Keep in mind that there are other products you will likely want to buy in addition to the curling wand. Some things you may want to purchase but you have not considered yet include but are not limited a bamboo brush, hair accessories, shampoo or sculpting gel. There are many hair care products to choose from so be sure to save some money in your budget for those items as well.
- Warranty. Depending on the wand you purchase, some can cost over $100. If you are investing in an item and expect to have it for a long period of time, you will want to look in to the product warranty. Be sure to review the warranty and if it is satisfactory, move forward. However, if the warranty is severely limited or lackluster in their offerings for coverage, you may want to choose a different model.
This is a sponsored post. All opinions are mine.
Gone are the days when a wig have to look like one! A good quality wig can actually bring out the best in your overall look. Here are top 3 reasons to wear a wig:
Whoever says that wigs are limited to old ladies? With the assistance of wigs, you may now set out to try different things with a short hairdo without having to trim your locks! Go and experiment, and have a different look every chance you get. No limits!
2. The luxury of not having to style
Whether we like it or not, bad hair days are as real as they can get. With wigs, the compelling reason of styling is thrown out the window altogether. You no longer have to spend innumerable hours styling and keeping up your hair! You can change from short to long, wavy to straight or dark to blonde, or vice versa in no time. (more…)
Blonde. Rose Gold. Ultra Dark Brown. Ash Brown. Imagine yourself in those hair colors. Or maybe you want to go for those bold and bright colors that display your own brand of individuality. Excited yet? Then perhaps it’s time to take those locks on a hair coloring adventure!
News flash. Did you know that hair coloring is actually easy to do? Like DIY-easy. Just get yourself the right products and you’re all set.
Hair color though is not the only way to achieve your Hairgoals. Why not go for any of the of-the-moment hair fixing styles as well? Get it on a high pony? How about that deep side part or that slick story look? Maybe shake it up a bit with a short messy shag, undone waves, or messy braids? Stress not, girl. We got you.
Holidays are usually the time of the year when we hustle and bustle the most. I recently snuck out of my grind for a bit, right in time for our renewal of vows wedding, to get some hair treatment done at Salon Privat by Jing Monis as the celebrated hair artist extraordinaire concludes #HolidaysWithThePress2016.
A “before shot” was in order – easy to see that my locks have gone lifeless. (more…)
My Yuko Hair Straightening Makeover by Lifestyle Salon by Louis Phillip Kee + Cynos Inside Hair Care
After having experienced the benefits of Japanese rebonding/straightening system that does not kill the locks, I have no plans of going back to having my hair rebonded or straightened the traditional way in a neighborhood salon like I used to. More than a week since my Yuko Hair Straightening Treatment at the Lifestyle Salon by Louis Phillip Kee, I’m totally loving how my hair isn’t stick straight like I’m sure it would look if it was done the rebonding way, like we know it.
While some may say that they’re pretty much okay with waves, my waves happen to be the wayward kind. I’ll have to style it for hours if I want it to look half presentable when they’re let down. (more…)
It was early last month when I first got pumped to go crazy with my hair again. My locks have been on treatment hiatus for almost 3 years and having my hair Japanese rebonded by the celebrated hair and make-up artist, Akira of Akira Hair & Make-Up Salon is the best way to “break my fast.” Finally, a hair treatment post after almost 3 years! 🙂
After almost 3yrs of shying away from any hair treatment (color, perm, rebond, brazilian, keratin), I got my #locks #japaneserebonded by no less than Akira himself of #AkiraSalon. Love how my rather unruly hair came to life minus the usual dizzying fumes of #hairtreatments in only 2hrs! Akira used authentic Japanese products that are ever so mild, he used his bare hands to apply on my hair. And did I mention that the #macadamiatreatment smelled heavenly? The difference of my #hairtexture is undeniable. Just the kind of break my hair needs from years of treatment hiatus. 💇 Soon on the blog! 😍 #japaneserebond #authenticjapaneserebonding #beautyblogger #salonreview
Akira Hair & Make-Up Salon is located at the G/F of Regina Hometel, 7272 J. Victor S., Makati City.
The salon is near LIttle Tokyo and a kilometer away from Greenbelt Mall. The salon is soon to franchise in different places within the metro as Akira makes sure his hair and make-up artists will all be well-trained to keep the quality of his beauty services as he trains them himself in the school he’s putting up south of the metro.
Akira has been featured in various lifestyle magazines, including Preview. (more…)
T&J Salon Professionals by Tony and Jackey has officially opened their 41st branch of Tony & Jackey Group in SM City Masinag. It established 41 branches nationwide with prime brand called Bangs Prime Salon and Tony and Jackey Salon the famous brand headed by Korean Hairstylist and the community brand called T & J Salon Professionals lead by Filipino Hairstylist created from the training ground of Tony and Jackey Group. T&J peeps are top-notch in their craft, one of Kikay Corner’s dear readers and I were dolled up back in 2013 at their Cubao branch and we couldn’t be more pleased with the result. Photos here.
SM City Masinag Branch has Filipino experts trained by our Korean Hairstylists. The branch also specializes in Digital Perm, Rebond and Stylish Haircut for men and women. We are pride ourselves on providing the highest level of salon experience and dedication when making your precious hair more beautiful. Tony and Jackey aspires better services to our clients to meet their satisfaction. (more…)
A lovely early holiday treat came in the mail last week – Vitress hair products! Thank you, Vitress for sending these to keep my hair at its most manageable best.
I believe a lot will agree with me that it can be a challenge to have our tresses exactly how we want them, let alone keep them that way in our certified humid tropical country. While it is true that using the right shampoo and conditioner helps, how we prep our hair also means a great deal in how manageable (or not) our crowning glory is, throughout the day.
To help you what Vitress variant will work best for your hair, check out this list: (more…)