1. The Olay Total Effects Money Back Guarantee offers consumers a refund on Olay Total Effects creams purchased from February 1 to April 30, 2009, if they are dissatisfied with the results of the product.
2. To qualify, the consumer must comply with the following
a. Must purchase any of the following Olay Total Effects products from
February 1 to April 30, 2009: Olay Total Effects 50g cream (Normal, Gentle,
Normal with SPF 15, and Gentle with SPF 15); and Olay Total Effects 20g cream
(Normal with SPF15). The products must be genuine and distributed by
P&G Distributing (Philippines), Inc.
b. Must use the product as recommended on the pack, for at least 4 weeks, starting from the date of purchase, unless there is good reason to stop the use.
c. After trial of 4 weeks, consumer is dissatisfied with the product.
3. To avail of the Money Back Guarantee
promotion, qualified consumers must register by calling Olay Consumer Hotline at
894-3955 (GMA), or, 1-800-1-888-8008 (provinces).
4. Olay Consumer Relations
representative verifies and gets the consumer’s personal details (name, age, and
complete address); where the product was purchased; and reason for
dissatisfaction; and informs the consumer whether or not she/he qualifies for
the Money Back Guarantee.
5. After registration, qualified consumers must send
the following to Olay Money Back Guarantee c/o MASA Inc., 898 Aurora Boulevard
cor. Stanford Street, Cubao, Quezon City:
Original receipt and Photocopy of a valid ID with consumer’s complete name
All these items must be received within 15 working days from the call to the Olay
Consumer Hotline, as evidenced by the postage stamp. Postage costs are borne by
the claimant. Furthermore, Olay is not responsible for items lost in
6. Upon receipt and verification of all the required items, Olay will
process the payment.
a. The amount refunded is the amount paid by the
consumer for the product, as evidenced by the original receipt.
b. A check with
the refund amount will be sent to the consumer via registered mail.
c. The consumer will receive her/his refund within 6-8 weeks.
7. In case any of the criteria are unmet, a letter will be issued to the consumer explaining the reason for rejection, together with the product returned.
Claims for the Olay
8. Money Back Guarantee are limited to one bottle of Olay Total Effects per
household, as determined by the address of the claimant.
9. Olay reserves the right to reasonably decline the Money Back Guarantee offer to claimants who are not qualified. Olay’s decision would be final.
10. Employees of the sponsor, promoter, advertiser, and their relatives up to the second civil degree of consanguinity or affinity are disqualified from joining this promo.
Also, persons reporting regularly to the promoter, sponsor or advertiser under a
contract of service and who, by the nature of the service they render may have a
direct and personal knowledge of the promo are disqualified from joining.
11. Per DOH-BFAD Promo Permit # 0053 Series of 2009. Promo period is from February 1 to April 30, 2009 only. Olay will accept returned products and proof of purchase until June 30, 2009 only.
For crying out loud! Any consumer who has to read all this would probably just let go of the guarantee altogether and say with me, “Forget it!” Reading all this alone, is tiring enough. What a pity! Only in the third world is there this kind of thing- A money back guarantee as a promotion! Money back guarantee should always come with any product to begin with. After all if one claims to be something, then it should deliver without question.