One of the many sponsors of Blogapalooza held at Fully Booked last September 17 was Lay Bare. Lay Bare will always be dear to me, as it is the one salon that introduced me to waxing more than two years ago.
As opposed to shaving, waxing encourages regrowth of finer hair. Not to mention having to do away with the unwanted hair for an extended period of time. Lay Bare combines the use of cold wax jelly with a patch-waxing technique. Cold wax jelly is said to eliminate the incidents of knicks, cuts or burns and relatively painless as compared to hot wax.
Here’s a few post-waxing reminders:
1. Refrain from washing the waxed part for 4 hours.
2. If you get waxed during the early evening, wait until the next day to wash the waxed area.
3. Don’t scratch or rub.
4. Avoid putting on makeup, lotion, powder, cologne, et. al, after getting waxed.
5. Apply antibacterial cream twice a day.
6. For redness or minor swelling, apply cold compress by wrapping an ice cube around a washcloth and press it gently on the waxed area.
7. Refrain from strenuous activities that will make you sweat to prevent bacterial infection.